Hello from the hustle and bustle which is South by Southwest!
I am delighted to let you know that my Escape from Cubicle Nation book, officially hitting the shelves on April 30, is now available for pre-orders. All of you dear blog readers have been so tremendously supportive of me while I was writing it that I wanted to do something special for the first big launch.
So starting this very minute, the first 500 people who pre-order the book and send me your confirmed order number will get another, spanking new, personally signed copy of the book as soon as it rolls off the assembly line.
It may still be wet the ink will be so fresh.
OK, I’m exaggerating. But you will most likely be the first in your cube farm to sneak a copy into the lunch room under your arm.
I have been delighted so far with the early response to the book.
Publisher’s Weekly said this:
Inspired by her successful blog of the same name, life coach Slim
shows readers how to navigate the terrifying yet gratifying transition
from corporate drone to entrepreneur. She strikes a perfect balance
between emotional encouragement and practical advice: “Hating your job
intensely,” she writes, “is not a business plan.” What’s here is: the
nitty-gritty of getting a business off the ground, legal
considerations, making the best use of social networking sites, the
components of a business model, organized creative brainstorming,
financial advice, shopping for self-paid insurance and benefits, and
helpful anecdotes of real-life entrepreneurship. With her humorous
insights into corporate life and an appealing no-nonsense yet empathic
tone, Slim deals swiftly and incisively with anxiety, fear and
hesitation. Readers will cheer as she teaches the tricks behind
finding “what makes you purr”—what
people will pay you to do, what you have a great passion for and what
you are genetically encoded to do. This is a standout in the
start-your-own business genre.
My publisher, Portfolio/Penguin Group, calls it “a classic “sleeper” – a book by a non-famous, first-time author with huge potential.
So here are the rules (please follow them so you don’t miss out on the gift!):
- This is for U.S. ORDERS ONLY — I am SO sorry my global friends! I promise to do something special for you too! Stay tuned.
- Order from the bookseller of your choice (these links go directly to the book):Amazon.com
Barnes and Noble
Indie Bound (to find a local independent bookstore)
- Send your order confirmation number to a special email: email@example.com
- If you are one of the first 500 to order, you will be sent a link to a web page where you can submit your address in order to send your special gift.
- If I may be so bold, I ask that you please spread the word to your office mates, neighbors, relatives, Twitter buddies, Facebook friends, LinkedIn connections, golfing pals and baristas. Basically, anyone whom you think would benefit from and enjoy the book!
- To whet your appetite, here is a link to download the first chapter!
Download Ch 1 escape from cubicle nation
Thank you so much in advance for your support. It is truly a dream come true to have written a book, and I hope you find it encouraging, pragmatic and useful.