If anyone out there is trying to create a vision of your ideal life or business and is tired of staring into a devastatingly blank computer screen or pad of paper, I encourage you to shift directions and think visual!
In this month’s ezine, I describe a number of tactics to discover your creative vision including:
- Purchasing a large bulletin board or piece of foamcore to put on your wall and collect great images
- Go to the bookstore and buy your favorite 6 magazines and pull out headlines, pictures, and ads that stoke your creative fire
- Imagine you are a photojournalist that has the assignment of capturing images that reveal your ideal life. Take pictures for a month and see what emerges!
- If you are a bit of a (closet) exhibitionist, participate in the wildly popular art blog PostSecret
- Create a personal deck of soul-tending cards using Soul Collage
- Search for stimulating pictures in online photo directories such as iStockphoto.com
- For the technically savvy, create a PowerPoint or Flash presentation with key images and words (like I did for my mini movie to inspire oppressed cube dwellers around the globe: My Declaration of Independence)
- Paint your picture – literally
Get the details here.
Any other good vision-creating tactics that you have used involving images instead of words? Please share!