I have written about Duct Tape Marketing in the past, as it is a well-known and respected small business marketing resource. I had the good fortune to interview its founder John Jantsch for my podcast and ask him all kinds of questions that I get from my readers all the time such as:
- If I have never marketed myself before, where do I begin?
- What are the pieces of a total marketing system?
- Why is it so important to define a specific target audience or niche for my services? Won’t that narrow my opportunities?
- What if I loathe marketing?
- Should I launch my brand name if I am not 100% sure I like it?
- Should I start a blog or podcast to market my new business?
John has been in the business for over 23 years, so you can bet he has seen and heard most all! Join our 33-minute interview by clicking here.
I’m hoping we might snag a visit to Australia and some engagements in 2007. For anyone that hasn’t discovered Duct Tape Marketing, do yourself a favour and go visit John’s website. His podcasts are a particular favourite of mine.
Nice interview. I enjoyed listening to it. BTW, have you been to MyBlogLog.com yet? It’s a great place to network with other bloggers and since I couldn’t find your blog there I thought I’d drop you a note.