Escape podcast: Take the brute force out of your fears

Get the RSS Feed

fearforceAll aspiring entrepreneurs have fears about starting a business.  These fears pack tremendous emotional punch and can stop you in your tracks if you aren’t careful.  Listen to my 7 minute podcast on the topic by going here:  Take the brute force out of your fears by dissecting them.

Fears can be:

1. No one will ever buy my product or service
  2. I do not have enough experience to start a business
  3. All my competitors have superior products (besides which, they are smarter and/or better looking)

Some people stay paralyzed and never move forward, while others find ways to overcome their fears and experience success.

In this episode, I walk you through a specific exercise that you can use to diagnose and alleviate your fears.

You may want to listen to it when you are sitting at a desk where you can scribble notes, or in front of your computer where you can create a simple table.

If you want to subscribe to the podcast feed, you can sign up here.

If you do this exercise, please let me know how it works, ok?  If you share your learning here via the comments, everyone can benefit.  Thanks!

Filed Under: Podcast

7 Responses to “Escape podcast: Take the brute force out of your fears”

1. kevin says:

Pam , I’m really liking the variety in the new podcast format.
    this me

2. Kevin says:

Hi
    Pam , I’m really liking the variety in the new podcast format

3. Pamela Slim says:

Thanks everyone for your feedback on the podcast format!

I have gotten some personal emails on the subject as well, and it seems like most people are leaning toward the shorter episodes instead of long interviews.

I have other ideas for ways to get the interviews in … like a new radio show that I will start in March! I am going to blog about it soon, and share thoughts on the format and suggested guests. It seems that might be a more appropriate format for the longer shows and topics.

I really appreciate that you take the time to listen to the podcasts.

Thanks!

-Pam

4. Sherry Borzo says:

I really liked the short pod cast because of the subject matter. I’m sure I would like your longer interviews also and will listen to those in the future. I’m certainly feeling the fear part now just because it is hard to be patient when there is email or phone silence. It is times like that that I wonder if I will ever get my project off the ground!!! Thanks for the info. It is very helpful.

5. I like the format maybe a touch longer — 10-15 minutes. I kept waiting for you to tell me why I shouldn’t fear #1 above so I can assure my wife — that if I build it and market it right — they will buy my buttons of hope!

6. Tom says:

Pam — I’m really liking the variety in the new podcast format. I listened to the seven minute one on my drive to my cubicle this morning. But I’m also looking forward to the longer interview.

7. DavidHarper says:

I did it. Pam, what do you want me to do with this long list…hmmm. I like this idea of unpacking big fears. For me, one big gnawing fear (“what if I fail?”) does indeed unpack into several, less nasty fears. I like the exercise because you can translate a *future* worry into *current* activity. Thanks for pointing out fear has a healthy side. I don’t think you can “manage away” all fears. Inspiration might co-exist nicely with, um, white-knuckle fear. But I think one antidote is daily action that contributes to forward progress.