Chicago Escape from Cubicle Nation Workshop:
Friday, July 17, 2009 – 8:30am – 4:00pm
I am so excited.
After spending four years behind my computer screen writing my blog, and then book, I am hitting the road. And I cannot wait to meet YOU, and to work on your plans to start a business, or start a non-profit, or start a movement, or just get moving on the little side project you have been thinking about forever while sitting in your cubicle.
Who is this workshop for?
- A corporate employee who really wants to make progress on a business idea. You may not know which business to choose, or how to get started with a busy schedule, or how to overcome some fear and trepidation that keeps you from taking concrete action.
- Recently laid off and want to think of ways to bring in extra income while figuring out the next step in your career.
- A small business owner who started your business without a heck of a lot of planning and feel that things are chugging along fine, but could be more strategic, aligned, easier and more profitable.
- A Mom or Dad transitioning back into the world of work after spending time at home taking care of your kiddos.
- Retiring early, and feel ready to figure out the next stage of your career which will be much more open and free and creative than the first part. And will bring in some income to supplement your retirement package.
- Any and all categories above who are sick of feeling stuck, and figuring everything out yourself, and who want to hear some encouraging words, useful, pragmatic information and lots of laughter.
What is covered?
- How to clearly define a life plan that looks and feels like a well-fitting shoe
- How to choose a sticky business idea
- How to break your big ideas down into small, feasible steps
- How to find your people, who are interested in your product or service and have the money to pay you
- How to wade through tons of hyped-up, icky-feeling marketing information and pick a simple strategy that works for you
- How to choose a specific part of your business to test and prototype so you get real-time feedback on the feasibility of your crazy dream
- Special bonus for Chicago only: killer branding and networking tips from the sassy and whip-smart Colleen Wainwright, aka The Communicatrix. Our level of laughter and learning will increase by about 1000% with Colleen in the room. I am thrilled she will join us! Can you resist her smile? I am putty in her hands.
What will happen as a result of participating in this workshop:
- You will have a framework, structure and plan to make serious progress on your business.
- You will have a concrete, pragmatic way to work with your fears so you don’t feel overwhelmed or filled with anxiety.
- You will realize you are not alone, and will be connected to a whole group of cool people in your own city, not to mention the World Wide Web, who are working on the same things you are.
- You will have greater confidence in your ability to provide for yourself and your family.
- You will know how to expand your circle of peers, mentors and teachers.
- You will have access to great resources and people to help you figure out exactly what you need along the way.
- Day-long workshop
- A workbook with exercises, tools and a useful resources section with my hand-picked favorite websites, blogs, books and programs
- A signed copy of Escape from Cubicle Nation: From Corporate Prisoner to Thriving Entrepreneur
- A follow up 2-hour coaching gym call, where I will get to all your specific questions that you didn’t think to ask during the workshop!
Who is Pam Slim?
If we haven’t had the pleasure of meeting, I am a writer and coach and author of the recently published book Escape from Cubicle Nation. My official bio:
Pamela Slim is a seasoned coach and writer who helps frustrated employees in corporate jobs break out and start their own business. Her blog, Escape from Cubicle Nation, is one of the top career and marketing blogs on the web. A former corporate manager and entrepreneur herself for more than a decade, she deeply understands the questions and concerns faced by first-time entrepreneurs. Her expertise in personal and business change was developed through many years consulting inside corporations such as Cisco Systems, Hewlett-Packard and Charles Schwab, where she coached thousands of executives, managers and employees.
“Entrepreneurship at its heart is aligning your purpose for being on earth with a business idea so compelling that you simply must do it, despite the fears that hold you back,” says Pam. Her experience teaching martial arts for 10 years to thousands of students including former gang members has helped her clients deal with fear head-on. A world traveler, Pam speaks four languages and has lived and worked in Europe and South America.
Pam is certified as a master coach with “the best-known life coach in America,” New York Times bestseller and O Magazine columnist Martha Beck. Pam’s book Escape from Cubicle Nation: From Corporate Prisoner to Thriving Entrepreneur was released in Spring, 2009. Pam is frequently quoted as an expert on entrepreneurship in publications such as The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, BusinessWeek, Forbes, Entrepreneur, Money Magazine and Psychology Today. Pam is married with three kids and lives in Mesa, Arizona. For a complete list of press coverage, see here.
What does it cost?
- Early bird registration is $138, increasing to $168 on June 12 at 5pm CST.
- It’s a good deal. Seats are limited to 50. Don’t snooze if you want to sign up, as I rarely get on the road and would hate to miss the opportunity to work with you in person.
When and where is it happening?
When: Friday, July 17, 8:30am – 4:00pm
Where: Embassy Suites Hotel, Downtown Chicago, 511 North Columbus Drive, Chicago, IL 60611, 312-836-5900. Logistics and directions to follow your registration.
NOTE: I am holding this event at the same location where we are having our Martha Beck coach convention on the weekend. So expect to bump into a life coach at every turn, and don’t be surprised if you receive thought reframing and stress relief tips in the restrooms. We can’t help ourselves! 🙂
Sign up now:
Hit the “Add to Cart” button and you will be taken to my shopping cart page where you can seal the deal and reserve your spot.
One week before the event, I will send you a link with some specific questions about your business ideas so I can customize the workshop to fit this particular group’s needs.
Shoot em to me at pamelac.slim at gmail.com, or ask them on Twitter – @pamslim
It is going to rock, and you need to be there! See you soon!
All the best,
P.S. If you are 80% sure you want to come, but waffling a bit, think of it this way: What is more likely to help you make progress, daydreaming in your cube, or spending the day with a rowdy and supportive band of small business enthusiasts? I thought so. 😉