Get it? Weigh in?
<Sorry to start with a fitness joke>
I got a great email this morning from a long-time blog reader who was asking for suggestions to stay fit while working a full-time job, doing a side-hustle and taking care of his family. An excerpt:
One of the big things I’m struggling with as I have one foot in the corporate world and one foot in our family business is finding time to do it all. More often than not, the first thing I sacrifice is exercise. In fact, I seem to be able to make it all fit (barely) except for exercise. I haven’t been to the gym regularly in months, and my weight has started to creep up, and that worries me.
Boy do I feel your pain! After an attempt to get my mojo back a few months ago, I slipped back into another period of poor diet and exercise habits. Finally, three weeks ago, I started going back to the gym, and just signed up for mixed martial arts classes. But I have a loooong way to go!
Here are my thoughts on the topic, and a call for suggestions from you smart readers. I would love your ideas for ways to integrate health and fitness into a busy life.
And I cannot believe that the first example that came to mind for killer six-pack abs was The Situation from Jersey Shore. I actually watched that show for 15 minutes last night and was horrified.
Please replace that thought with this picture. Rock those abs Gwen Stefani!
- How can you fit exercise into a busy schedule?
- How can you honor your health as much as you honor your commitments?
- How should you think about exercise to be more motivated to do it?
- What tips do you have for starting a fitness routine when you are very out of shape?
- How is it fair that Gwen Stefani is a talented, sexy rock star AND mom to 2 toddlers?