Those of you who have hung around this blog for awhile know that I have been in the process of working on a book for quite some time. I have since discovered that for me, to loosely paraphrase Hilary Clinton, “it takes a village to write a book.”
I suspect that I am not alone in my quest to understand both a good process to conceptualize, outline and write a book as well as sell and market it. So I invited my very wise and experienced friend Sophfronia Scott to be a guest on my radio show to talk about how to get a book from inside your head to the hands of eager readers.
Sophfronia is a former journalist who worked for Time and People Magazines, is the author of the award-winning novel All I Need to Get By and the owner of a multi-faceted coaching business for writers called The Book Sistah. She has a great short flash presentation called “Your Story Movie” that illustrates her philosophy that we all have a story within us.
In our conversation, we discuss:
- The advantages of writing a book for business owners
- Critical things you must attend to before you start writing, including creating a good writing environment, structuring your time and defining the values you want to express through your book
- A specific, efficient process you can use to write a non-fiction book
- The importance of building platform before you even begin to write your book
- Creative ways to market and sell your book
Date: Friday, May 18
Time: 11am-12pm Pacific Standard Time
Topic: Do you have a book inside, dying to get out?
To listen: Click here
If you miss the live show, you can always listen later, through the link above. To download as an Mp3, you will have to click on the title of the show, which will bring up the “download as Mp3” option.