Two friends of mine are offering some cool free deals:
- Suzanne Falter-Barns is sponsoring a Marketing Makeover Contest with over $12,000 worth of donated prizes from some of the smartest net marketers on the web. Here are the guidelines:
Nominate yourself or a friend as one of the Worst Net Marketers out there. You must have a website or blog. And you’ll scoop up almost $300 in free prizes just for nominating.
On June 24, four finalists will be chosen who have:
1) A functioning website or blog
2) A sound business concept
3) A clearly defined market and niche
4) Provide a useful product or service
Then you’ll come back in July to vote on the winner – American Idol style.
You have until noon/Eastern time on June 24 to register. Don’t be embarassed to admit that your site sucks and could use some help. The best entrepreneurs are shameless when it comes to leveraging freebies! Register here.
- My buddies at Startup Nation will put your name in a drawing for two free RT Southwest tickets to anyone who joins their new community forum. This is a great place to connect with other budding entrepreneurs to brainstorm ideas, share resources and pose questions you have about starting a business. I have found people there to be very generous and encouraging, a rare online environment these days.
It can feel very isolating to start a business, so I really encourage you to find ways to connect with others. Check them out and sign up here by June 27 to be eligible for the tickets.